Tuesday, December 16, 2008

For unto us a child is born!

There are some things in life that cannot be put into words. I have just experienced one of them. My son was born on Sunday afternoon and as I looked into his face, the world seemed to make sense. A flood of emotion came over me and I was overjoyed. I love him and I long to prove it to him.

His name is Peter. We gave him his name to show our love for the Scriptures. In the biblical book of John we read that Peter was the brother of Andrew, the first disciple to bring someone to Jesus. Now, two thousand years later, there is another pair of brothers with the same names.

His middle name is John, not just because of the biblical book, but primarily because Amy's grandfather had that name. He sounds like a man I wish I could have met.

No comments: