Monday, December 22, 2008

Beyond Riches




I told someone yesterday that if I had to choose between riches and more children, I would choose children hands down. I can't think of anything that could bring me more joy than my family. I have a beautiful wife, Amy, with whom I am perpetually falling deeper in love. Anna is a star from heaven. Her beautiful almond eyes are windows to eternity. Andrew's essence is super concentrated. He exudes both bravery and tenderness.

And now there is Peter. What will he be like? How has he been wired? To what heights will he soar? What mountains will he ascend? What battles will he fight? What losses will he suffer? What loves will he gain, and which will he lose? Only time can tell.

To Peter:
My son, may your life be like the music of the masters. May it rise and fall--gaining momentum--propelling you to culmination in a magnificent crescendo. And may the genius of your maker be seen in rhythm of your life.

No comments: