Friday, September 26, 2008

My #2 Reason for Blogging

I love to discuss my faith with others.
I am a Christian. What does that mean? The moment you read about my faith you will instantly start to think about all the "Christians" you have met. What were they like? Were they reasonable people or fanatical? Where they genuine or fake?

Unfortunately, many skeptics I have run into over the years have tended to base their disbelief on poor stereotypes. They build straw men from news clippings of pastors taken in scandals and neighbors whose dogs bark too loudly. I contend that Christianity is a reasonable faith based on highly probable evidence--far from the blind "leap of faith" that many detractors accuse us of taking.

Personally speaking, I am quite flawed. I far fall below the standards that the Bible sets. I'm not proud of this fact. But I am free, free from the bondage that held me in sin. The peace that comes with the forgiveness of God is a sure cure for insomnia or anxiety or whatever else ails your soul.

No comments: